Have you been out in the glorious weather recently? Like, who can remember what the weather was like a mere week ago….it was snowing! Yep big time, just check out the photo!
How strange, eh? I’m just so glad that the sun is now out, the thermometer is showing me it’s almost T shirt weather and that means it’s time for the barbecue to be opened, right? Remember last Summer? Ok, ok we were rather restricted in what we could do but actually because of this, our BBQ got a lot of usage. In fact, this year won’t be totally different in that i don’t think many of us will be venturing overseas for a while, soooo a dish like this could be perfect for you!
Hmm…well even if you’re not quite in BBQ mode just yet, have a look at this Simple Side of Salmon Recipe – it’s spiced and is equally as tasty cooked under the grill as on the barbie. Plate it up with some salad sides and you’ll have a totally tasty lunch for family and friends!
A Simple Side of Salmon recipe, you say?
Ok I’m really not joking this has got to be one of the easiest recipes ever! You simply rub the spices into the salmon, wait literally 5 minutes and then get cooking! It can be cooked on the BBQ, under the grill or even in the air fryer! The only thing I would say is it is perhaps not so well suited to being baked as it might dry out. The real beauty is how moist the salmon and this could be affected by baking.
Anyhow, you only need cook it for 7 or 8 minutes, provided you leave it to rest for the same amount of time you cooked it for. And while it’s doing its thing you can get on with the sides.
How often can you whip up a meal that can impress and that only takes, say 40 minutes tops start to finish? This is a winner on every count!
Just check out how succulent those flakes are! I’m drooling as I write this. And guess what, if you don’t have a side of salmon you can use salmon fillets instead! So versatile! Am I sounding too passionate about this? It’s only because I just know you’re going to love it!
And once you’re done with mains, how about dessert? An easy beetroot chocolate cake perhaps? Or possibly some mini raspberry cheesecakes? I got you with both! Just click the links to get your sweets sorted!
So let’s get to it?
Absolutely, enough chit chat, let’s get to the main event!
Simple Side of Salmon – Spiced!
- 1 side of salmon you can use fillets of salmon instead
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
Herb Mayonnaise Potatoes
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 1-2 handfuls chopped herbs – parsley, chives, coriander, basil, thyme
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 kg baby new potatoes, scrubbed and boiled
- Place the salmon on a piece of baking parchment
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together and sprinkle ¾ of it over the salmon. Press the marinade in and set aside for 5 minutes.
- If grilling, place the salmon on a baking tray and grill for 12-14 minutes, until it's only half cooked. Then remove, cover with foil and leave to rest for another 12-14 minutes.If airfrying, place the salmon on its parchment into the airfryer and cook on 180°C for 7-8 minutes. Remove, cover with foil and leave to rest for another 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the chopped herbs, mayonnaise and a splash of vinegar or lime juice into a blender and blitz together.
- Serve the salmon on the skin together with the new potatoes with the herb mayo on top. A salad would be the perfect extra side! Hello Summer!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links – please click here for full disclosure